Here are 5 tips to help you keep visitors to your website happy
1. Make sure your contact information is clearly visible. It never ceases to amaze me how many websites do not clearly show their phone number or address. Not every visitor will want to call you but at least if the number is there, the option is open for them to do so. Your business address is also important, if visitors cannot see your address, they may not purchase from you. To me, it always looks a little bit dubious if there is no postal address and I ask myself if this is a genuine company.
2. Always answer telephone calls, messages and emails promptly. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to get an answer to a query if the phone goes unanswered or messages and emails appear to be ignored. From my own point of view, I loathe answering machines and generally will not leave a message, preferring to try again later.
3. Use correct spelling and grammar, there are still a lot of people who do care that language is well written, spelt and punctuated. If you are not confident about your writing skills, ask someone you trust to read what you have written and help you correct any errors.
4. Be clear in showing prices and shipping costs. I don’t know how many times I have gone looking for shipping costs and not been able to find them until I get to the checkout. I like to know roughly how much I will be expected to pay towards delivery before I buy goods. Many potential customers will abandon their shopping if they are unable to find out how much shipping will be or even when they arrive at checkout and feel that the costs are unreasonable.
5. Have a call to action on each page of your website. Calls to action are used to engage visitors, so where you see things like ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Follow us on …’ or ‘Continue reading’ these are used as invitations to encourage the visitor to do something that you would like them to do.